The main causes of Infertility can be classified as follows :
FEMALE FACTORS: (40%)
- Congenital anomalies like absence or Abnormal Uterus and Ovaries
- Blocked or infected Fallopian Tubes, Bilateral or Unilateral Hydrosalpynx
- Polycystic ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Cytogenetic anomalies like Turner’s Syndrome, etc.
- Primary Amenorrhoeas etc.,
MALE FACTORS: (40%)
- Oligozoospermia –Low sperm count
- Asthenozoospermia –Low Motility
- Teratozoospermia – All abnormal sperms
- Azoospermia – No sperms in the ejaculate.
- Necrospermia – All dead sperms
- Cytogenetic anomalies like Klinefelter’s Syndrome
- Ambiguous Genitalia
- Erectyl Dysfunction
- Acquired Impotency due to Phobia, Ignorance and Psychological Factors etc.,
MALE AND FEMALE FACTORS: (10%)Unexplained Infertility: (10%)
The couples unable to conceive in spite of having normal Reproductive Structures and Functions.